The OCF’s favourite themes:
- Outdoor cooking.
- First aid in the river.
- Girding and posture in a canoe.
- Yoga and breathing.
- Canoe technique and safety: for beginners, intermediate or advanced paddlers.
- Bivouac / camping / camping equipment.
- Organizing a canoe trip.
- “Bachology”: the art and the way to use a tarp.
- Fauna and flora of the Drôme river.
- Video and photo in the river.
- Fishing in a canoe.
- Telling the story of your trip.
- Energy management in bivouac: batteries, solar panels…
- Leave No Trace camping.
- Group management (leadership).
- Packraft: technique, trips and tips.
- Canoe + bike trips.
We are working on the 2023 workshops.
The workshops can be in French, English or both at the same time! There are more than 100 workshops in 3 days proposed in 3 main families:
- Technical canoeing for Beginners (level 1), Intermediate (level 2) or Advanced (level 3).
- Safety (rope techniques, unpinning, first aid…)
- Canoe Culture: including many of the topics described above.
By participating in the OCF, the idea is to do a practical workshop on the water adapted to your level (one per day), to initiate or improve yourself in safety and to participate in a maximum of “culture” workshops.